Director Business Development, Eurofins Central Laboratory
Eurofins Central Laboratory is a dynamic, global organization fully dedicated to providing global central laboratory services to support all phases of clinical trials. At Eurofins Central Laboratory, we are BOLD. We go beyond the expected. Since we are purely a central laboratory, there are no distractions allowing us to remain laser focused on the best science, technology and people.
We are part of one of the world’s leading laboratory organizations Eurofins Scientific; therefore we offer end-to-end testing solutions which are unsurpassed in the industry. Eurofins BioPharma Services is a full service global organization with 6 wholly-owned dedicated testing facilities for Central Laboratory Services and Large Molecule Bioanalytical Services.
Our Central Laboratories are located in Lancaster, PA, USA, Breda, the Netherlands, Singapore and Shanghai, China, as well as a back office in India and 2 Kit Manufacturing and Distribution facilities in the USA and Europe. Bioanalytical Services laboratories are located in St. Charles, MO, USA and Oxford, UK.
Position is based in the EU
To ensure new bookings targets are met for the assigned territories and services. You should have the ability to initiate, develop and maintain productive relationships at all levels of within biopharmaceutical and CRO organizations. You will ensure new opportunities are generated and new bookings (contracts) are won for Eurofins Central Laboratory. You will report to the Senior Director Business Development and work closely with the Scientific Affairs and Proposals/Contracts teams.
- Achieve personal new booking targets,
- Identify, qualify and document potential customers, sales opportunities and unmet clients’ needs in the assigned territory that are aligned with the company capabilities
- Maintain accurate and updated entries in the Eurofins CRM database
- Initiate and maintain new or existing client contacts, obtain and respond to requests for information / proposals and initiate the generation of new quotes.
- Deliver high-impact capabilities and project proposals/budget presentations, engage internal experts and secure the client award (contract).
- Proactively reports significant opportunities to leadership in Business Development
- Report and utilize marketplace developments and specific competitive information
- Resolve potential issues and facilitate client dialogue to manage/strengthen the relationship.
Are you the right match?
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in healthcare/life sciences (laboratory or clinical services preferred) or business degree from a reputable institution.
- Track record of generating over Euros 5M in new service contracts with demonstrated market share growth over 20% annually
- Experience in a central laboratory or clinical trial services (CRO)
- Strong customer focus and a strong can-do attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellence in establishing and maintaining internal and external relationships and maintaining a wide network of contacts.
- Fluent in English, spoken and written additional language skills will be an advantage
- Proficient use of MS Office
Do you meet the above profile? We are looking forward to receiving your CV and motivational letter to the attention of Angela Bouman, Human Resources, through the following link: